Startacus Join Now! /

Yodomo - helping creativity to prosper

Startacus RSS

by Startacus Admin

The lowdown on Yodomo, the platform that's helping creative learning prosper, combining quality instructional video with e-commerce.

yodomo logoThe internet is an invaluable tool; the sum of all human knowledge at our fingertips. And also it has cats.

If you want to learn how to do something - almost anything - there are guides and courses and talented amateurs sharing their knowledge and experience. Often entirely for free, you can watch the entire process of sculpting a human head, drawing and colouring a comic cover, building a house… The downside to these free tutorials is that they are not always of the best quality, you don’t necessarily know how experienced the person is (which may count for more if you’re learning heart surgery rather than how to draw a realistic orange), and even the wrong camera, lighting, and angle can make the video less helpful than the generous creator intended.

So sometimes, to get the quality you need, you have to open your wallet just a little. And why shouldn’t those creators giving their time, materials, and experience receive something in return?

yodomo screenLondon-based Yodomo is putting together a platform where creative skills are nurtured and valued, where courses, materials, and products can be bought and sold.

Yodomo - short for ‘you do more’ - is a curator of all kinds of creative arts and crafts, where anyone can learn from high quality tutors via video, usually accompanied by PDFs and other material. Courses are hand-picked and quality controlled, the tutors and artists chosen based on their experience. 70% of the course fees go to those individuals to support them, while the other 30% helps maintain and grow Yodomo.

Yodomo is currently seeking funding on Seedrs, and at the time of writing had already raised approx 90% of their target. Despite still being in the funding stage, a quick look at the available courses shows a wealth of topics to learn about, from the more obvious cooking, photography, and drawing, to embroidery, basket weaving, shoe making, beer brewing, perfume making, and so much more.
Yodomo
So, with the e-learning market set to grow £353 billion per annum by 2025, and 500m YouTube view per day of learning-related content, Yodomo is perfectly suited to capitalise on this rapidly growing market, and teach other video platforms a thing or two about how to do it right.

We think it’s class.

If you like this video-content based platform, you might want to read up on travel-tech startup, Travideo, the Travel-by-Video Experience platform.



Subscribe to our newsletter

If you would like to receive our startup themed newsletter, full of the latest startup opportunities, events, news, stories, tips and advice, then sign up here.
Startacus RSS
Business DealsSubmit Your Startup
Win TicketsNetwork and Collaborate
Our Latest Features



Published on: 1st July 2018

If you would like to enable commenting via your Startacus account, please enable Disqus functionality in your Account Settings.


Create an Idea!View Other Ideas, Projects or Startups
Why not Sign Up?
Create Projects
Edit Projects
Self Interviews
Self Starter of the Year
Product Giveaways
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Startacus
Check us out at our Google+ page!