'All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy...' Yes... Jack wasn't fibbing when Wendy found these words typed in his typewriter. But you could avoid having a meltdown in a secluded hotel if you just took some time out to have a quick break and wind down with our Top 5 Games for your smartphone.
1. Any of the 'Angry Birds' series. Everybody the world over has heard of this little bird-catapulted game. And if you haven't... well, you have now. Originally designed for iOS, it’s now available on Android too. Is it any good? Well there’ve been over 1 billion downloads since it first launched, so I would hazard a guess that more than a few of them would probably say yes. And yes...I'm one of them..
2. Tetris It's true. This little Nintendo Gameboy game has made its way over to smartphones! Irritating music and all! Available on both iOS and Android as well as virtually every gaming console out there, this little time waster is here to stay. Now where's that volume button...
3. Draw Something This little game has been a massive success, and a great way to display one’s inability to draw an apple. In the first 5 weeks after it launched, it had already been downloaded 20 million times. Its’ availability for both Android and iOS as well as its’ integration with Facebook, have helped to add to its’ viral like growth. My thoughts? Well..it's a bit like Pictionary, only I'm rubbish at it. Oodles of fun, though.
4. Words With Friends One of my favourites, this. It's like scrabble with a stranger (or friends, as the title would suggest). Available for iOS, Android as well as Facebook, Kindle Fire and the Nook tablet, its’ cross platform has helped it become a huge success. Have a go if you haven’t already. If you’re anything like me, you'll be hoping you get two 'o's with a 'z'. That's always a good'un.
5. Cut The Rope The adorably named 'Om Nom' needs sweeties! It's up to you to feed him. Available on iOS, Android and Symbian, this little gem has been downloaded more than 100 million times since its’ release. My tips? Don't do what I do though and purposely miss just to see his terribly cute sad face.
So that's my top 5... Games where you can pick up anytime and lose 20 minutes. What's your favourite ? Why not let us know over at the forum.