5 tips to professionalise your business
As a small business owner it’s likely that one of your biggest concerns is how to establish yourself as a credible and professional business in a competitive/crowded market.
Even with the most innovative business idea, it’s vital to ensure you’re making the right impression on the right people.
There are some simple steps you can take to professionalise your small business from the off:
1. Snap up a virtual business number – Your telephone number can make a vital first impression on prospective customers. Using your mobile is handy because it’s portable but a virtual phone service like everreach can make you appear more professional, reduce missed calls, and give your business a local or even national presence. Take advantage of a virtual business number to manage your calls and make your business look and sound big business.
2. LinkedIn – Don’t underestimate the power of networking – LinkedIn acts as your web business card, and with the array of sector-focussed communities can act as a great (and free) platform to promote your service and develop new business links.
3. Data insights – There are a number of data analytics services that can offer endless insights into your customers’ preferences and activities so you can truly know your audience. Data insights will also mean you know when to adapt and when you’re getting it right.
4. Business blog – Starting a business blog will not only reaffirm your industry expertise but also improve your rankings in search engines, meaning you’re more likely to get found by the right people.
5. Logo – It’s likely you’ve already settled on a name for your business, but have you considered a logo? Your logo acts as the visual symbol of your business identity – it’s your unique brand! A good logo should be simple but eye-catching so ultimately it’s memorable.
everreach is a new virtual phone service built specifically for start-ups and small businesses. Pick a local or national rate virtual number from a choice of thousands, forward and manage incoming calls according to how your business works. Simple! www.everreach.co.uk
Why not take a look at some of these recent tips posts
5 secrets to getting small business admin tasks done
Top tips for finding a tech co-founder
Some handy startup funding tips
If you like what you see here on Startacus, why not become a member of our growing community? It's free! And you'll get all this - exclusive access to our Business Toolkit, discounts and offers galore for your business via our member only business deals, the chance to network and connect with loads of fellow self-starters, and maybe even become our celebrated 'Self-Starter of the Week' and tell the world your startup tale! Join right here for free...
If you would like to enable commenting via your Startacus account, please enable Disqus functionality in your Account Settings.